All members, regardless of size or budget, have an equal
opportunity to compete in SGTP's Professional Development
SGTP’s Professional Development Awards advance professionalism
in the government travel market.
Winning a PDA could mean great things for you!
Download Entry Form
- Government Entity
- Government Contractor
- Supplier—National Program
- Supplier—Local Program
- Travel Agency
- Person of the Year
- All SGTP members are eligible to enter.
- Entries may be prepared by anyone associated with the member organization.
- Entries submitted for Categories A-E must pertain to sales, education, operations, marketing, public service or other professional development activity carried out between January 1 and December 31, 2007. Category F requires a bio, and detailed statement of accomplishments during 2006.
- Member organizations may submit more than one entry, within the appropriate category.
- Supporting materials may be submitted and are encouraged; see Entry for details.
Entries for Categories A-E will be judged by a panel of government and travel industry experts based on the following criteria:
- EFFECTIVENESS in research, addressing and solving an industry problem(s), communications, use of organization resources, etc
- INNOVATION in selecting target market(s), selection of media and other promotional vehicles, using visual and written materials to communicate message, etc.
in the approach to the market, message originality, etc.
Awards will be made in some or all of the categories, at the discretion of the judges. The Awards Committee will choose one person, who best fulfills the ideals of professionalism in government travel, service and management, as SGTP’s Person of the Year.
2007 Professional Development Awards Judging Committee
- Scott Lamb, CCTE, Hyatt Select Hotel Group, Atlanta, GA
- Norma Pratt, CTC, Rodgers Travel, Philadelphia, PA
- Deniece Coke, Radisson Hotel Largo/Washington, DC Area, Largo, MD
- Dan Friedman, Federal Times, Springfield, VA
- Mari Ann Gray, Best Western Hotels Worldwide, Bristow, VA
- Ilona Kiersted, Sabre Travel Network, Fairfax, VA
- Cathy Masi, Innovata, Buford, GA
- Kevin McElroy, C.I. Travel, Norfolk, VA
- Dave Overbagh, US Marine Corps Community Services, Quantico, VA
- Stacy Painter, Digital Fusion-NASA, Huntsville, AL
- Sally Rinaldi, FDIC, Arlington, VA
- Mary Sarkis, Choice Hotels International, Silver Spring, VA
- Dan Yount, US Army Community FSC, Alexandria, VA
2006 Professional Development Awards Winners
Travel Agency Government Program
Best: Alamo Travel Group
Certificate of Achievement: Azumano Travel
Certificate of Achievement: C I Travel
Certificate of Merit: Duluth Travel
Government Travel Manager Program
Best: State of Oregon DAS Procurement
Best: US Department of the Treasury, BPD/ARC Travel Services
Certificate of Achievement: State of Colorado Travel Management Program
Government Contractor Program
Best: Digital Fusion
Travel Supplier—Local Program
Best: Primm Valley Casino Resort
Certificate of Achievement: Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport
Certificate of Merit: ResortQuest Hawaii
Travel Supplier--National Program
Certificate of Merit: Advantage Rent A Car
Certificate of Merit: Choice Hotels International
Travel Supplier—Global Program
Certificate of Achievement: AmeriForce Publishing, Inc.
PERSON OF THE YEAR